Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Motto: Sparkling Matcha Tea

I chose to purchase this beverage because I was looking for affordable matcha alternatives. However I found it to be less affordable than the high quality Breakaway Matcha I already own. Additionally it tastes a bit strange. Although the second ingredient listed is matcha, this did not taste very much like the the matcha I am familiar with. This might be due to the addition of lemon juice and apple cider vinegar.

While Motto may not be a good matcha equivalent, its label boasts that it is worth the caffeine of twelve cups of green tea of a third of a cup of coffee. Looking at it in that light I would strongly prefer the Motto drink to other energy drinks. It is surprisingly pleasing if one can resist comparing it to more traditional matcha.

No comments:

Post a Comment