Monday, September 29, 2014

Homemade Chai (Recipe From www.gimmesomeoven.com)


I've been known to complain about coffee shops using Oregon Chai instead of creating their own unique chai blends. To prove that I am serious about this complaint, I decided to make my own chai. While I admit that gathering the ingredients was a bit challenging, once gathered, the process was quite simple and took a mere 30 minutes.

The recipe I choose made a chai concentrate rather than a something one could put in a tea bag. To use this chai concentrate one must only mix one part concentrate with one part water or one part milk. I decided to go in this direction because I tend to be a cantankerous lump of a morning creature and if I'm going to consume anything during those wee hours it had better be simple.

The only alteration I made to the recipe is I added coriander, my favorite spice. Additionally, I might choose to use a bit less cinnamon next time. I found the amount of cinnamon a tad excessive, however my sister was quite pleased with it.

My biggest mistake was making the chai the day before I moved into my new dwelling for this year. Under those circumstances, I only got to taste the chai briefly on my way to the airport. It was quite splendid, regardless of the fact that I lacked the time to savor it. I plan to recreated this recipe in the near future so I can write more in depth about the final product.

http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/homemade-chai-tea-recipe/





No comments:

Post a Comment