Sunday, August 31, 2014

Asha Tea House


I would like to start by expressing that this is currently my favorite place to be in downtown Berkeley, in part for its quality bubble tea in addition to its harmonious environment.The largest picture is of the matcha Latte with boba that I joyfully consumed upon my most recent visit to Asha Tea House. Ordering matcha is my go to way to ascertain the seriousness of a tea-venue. In my experience only the really good ones have really good matcha. This matcha was delectable. I offered a sample to my mother and upon tasting it she remarked "I didn't know if I like matcha but I like this."

My darling sister is featured on the top left proudly displaying her Moroccan Mint Tea with boba. She was very pleased with the mint flavor, the genuine pieces of mint, as well as the consistency of the boba. Her one complaint was that there was not enough ice. (One should note that she is in the midst of an ice obsession. It is strange.)

The picture on the bottom right is of a cool wooden shingle thing inside Asha Tea House. In addtion to that they have small wooden plaques displaying fun tea facts. For instance I learned that bubble tea is named after the foam that is created when tea shaken vigorously not after the bubble shaped boba. Apparently shaking tea brings out the teas flavors.

On a closing note, I am also considerably impressed with Asha Tea House's fruit tea drinks, which are a truly sensuious experience. The combination of the cool tea with tart puree; then the warm, sweet, boba. Then the texture of puree...I am at a loss for words. I would highly recommend that you, gentle reader, embark on this sumptuous journey if it is at all within your means.

No comments:

Post a Comment