Saturday, August 30, 2014

Bobo Drinks

"These are probably the prettiest"
Berry Pom Pom Jar and Pineapple Paradise Jar


"This is an odd breakfast"
Bobo Ice Special

I tend to think of Bobo Drinks as that very cool new kid in town. I'd been lurking at Tea Fever and the late Tapicoa Express for years but all of a sudden Bobo popped up with its hip beverages and I was blown away. My friends and I originally gathered at Bobo Drinks for a farewell breakfast. Being in the mood to celebrate we ordered some of what we deemed the fancy things on the menu. Collectively we acquired a Berry Pom Pom Jar, a Pineapple Paradise Jar, a Bobo's sample and a fanciful concoction that I believe was called a Bobo Ice Special. The Berry Pom Pom Jar featured basil seeds which I like much better than chia seeds. Perhaps because they were smaller than chia seeds and therefore less slimy. Overall we were very impressed with everything we ordered. We decided that this was a place we would want to be taken on promising first dates. My one regret after first visiting Bobo Drinks was that I had not gotten a chace to sample Bobo's boba. 

A week later I returned determined to find out if Bobo could make a simple milk tea with boba as expertly as they had crafted their more elaborate specialties. To test this I odered a Taro Milk Tea while while my sister sipped on a Passion Fruit Milk tea. I found their boba particularly lovely. They had a silky texture while still being appropriately chewy. My sister remarked that sometimes people try to achieve his texture by putting boba in in hot tea but it is remarkable that Bobo managed while keeping the cold milk tea cold. One of the milk tea's more remarkable qualities was that it was rather creamy: a factor I was not entirely enthused about, yet my sister found it quite pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment