Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Purple Kow

When I first heard about Purple Kow I was intrigued. Partly because thinking about purple cows is a pleasant pastime. Additionally I was fascinated by the design of the shop and the very large cups it dispensed. I eventually went to Purple Kow with a large group of my compatriots. They were for the most part rather exited about our destination so I entered with high hopes. I ordered an Oolong milk tea with boba, because oolong is generally quite enjoyable. When I went to order I was ask if I wanted the full amount of sugar. I was a bit confused about what that meant so I answered yes. I later found out that I had made the wrong decision. At  Purple Kow one can get 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% sugar. My 100% was sickeningly sweet. Yet I was still luckier than my friend who ordered the matcha milk tea, which frankly tasted like chalk. That wasn't too surprising considering that it is incredibly difficult to find a matcha that is both cheap and good. However, we were still a bit disappointed. someone else in my group faired much better with one of Purple Kow's fruity teas (I regrettably don't remember which one) with a minimal amount of sugar. It was quite tasty.

It seems like Purple Kow really shines when it comes to toppings rather than tea. There are jellies galore! Yet it seems a bit foolish to settle for a mediocre tea with amber jelly (for the record I dont really know what that is) when there are significantly better boba places less than a block away. I am honestly bamboozled as to why my friends think so highly of this establishment.

The image above is the result of my sister trying to teach me how to use her fancy drawing app. As to its significance that, gentle reader, is up to you're interpretation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment