Sunday, September 29, 2013

Baking with Matcha


Throughout the summer I was fortunate enough to live in close proximity to my sister who is currently obsessed with baking. She devotes a lot of time to baking and as a result has gotten very good at it. This means that anyone living with her has constant access to a marvelous array of treats. After the summer ended I found myself missing the baked goods that I was so often greeted with, so I started my own foray into the world of baking and, being me, I could not start any adventure without my most trusty nonhuman companion: Tea.

That is how in my brief interval between homework assignments today I decided to try out a recipe for green tea muffins. I selected a simple muffin recipe that incorpated a tablespoon of Matcha. I used my Strawberry Matcha au Lait from Lupicia, due to the fact the my unflavored Matcha from Republic of Tea is currently in a different state.

The finale result was encouraging. The muffins were very tasting, although if I did it again I would add an addition tablespoon of Matcha. I also added different toppings to each muffin because my homework was making me think about American individualism. My roommate, when asked about the muffins, remarked, "They were so good, holy shit."

(Here is a link to the recipe I used: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Green-Tea-Muffins)

1 comment:

  1. i am so proud to live in close proximity to you over the summer. also, these look really good :)

    ReplyDelete