Sunday, September 22, 2013

A Pleasant Surprise (From Lupicia)

In the recent past I payed two visits to Lupicia. The first visit resulted in my purchase of a Strawberry Matcha au Lait. I was delighted to find that this came with a free sample of Tsugaru, a green tea with apple. It was marvelous. I usually don't enjoy fruity teas, but the apple was subtle enough that it mostly enhanced the flavor of the green tea, thus resulting in what I call "tasting like what a hug feels like." (Other substances that possess this quality include: Pho and the green tea sucking candies that once inhabited my kitchen.) After drinking the Tsugaru I decided that the next time I was in the vicinity of Lupicia I should probably obtain more of it. However upon my arrival I discovered that there was no more Tsugaru to be obtained, but seeing as I was already there I bought a Caramel and Rum Rooibos, which came with another free sample. Twas a Muscat black tea and it was also delightful. Perhaps not quite as pleasant as the Tsugaru, but I tend to favor green teas, so I am a tad biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment