Sunday, March 30, 2014

Superstar! (A Tea From Kranky Cafe)

Sometimes when I enter a cafe and I don't know what to purchase I just go for whatever looks the most weird or complicated. This was my logic when I ordered a tea called "Superstar!" It was an herbal tea that consisted of rose petals, jasmine flowers, sunflower petals, raspberries, and papaya. Overall it was a very pleasant floral tea and I thought it very cute how they tied the tea bag in a knot. I especially enjoyed the sunflower. It's flavor had a marvelous lightness and freshness to it, which was nicely filled out by the jasmine flowers. However every time I was beginning to enjoy the taste of the sunflower it was completely overpowered by raspberry. This was rather disheartening since the sunflower and the papaya played off each other in such a charming manner but I kept being distracted by the raspberry. I added a teaspoon of sugar which balanced the raspberry a bit, yet I still think the tea would have been all the more delightful had it just left off the raspberry to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment