Monday, June 30, 2014

AFC Canned Green Tea

I don't usually drink tea out of cans but when I do its probably because I'm really tired and very susceptible to any tea related marketing. I found this particular tea, awaiting my sleep deprived self, perched above the sushi I was in the process of surveying. At first I dismissed the tea, I assumed it was thoroughly sugared and I had already partook in a very sugary lichee juice that day. However upon closer inspection I found that the tea was unsweetened so I purchased it to accompany my sushi. The tea itself was surprising good. It had a complex flavor set off but what I can best describe as nuttiness.

Yet my biggest take away from this experience was: why buy tea in a can when I am fully capable of canning my own tea? I simply need to brew tea in larger batches and then I can keep it in jars until the time comes to drink it. More on that to come....



No comments:

Post a Comment