Thursday, May 29, 2014

Risheehat Estate Organic Darjeeling (Teahouse Kuan Yin)

 
The person behind the counter asks me what I'm looking for. "I'm not really sure," I say as I scan a very impressive list of teas. I've been standing there too long so I make a choice. "Can I get a pot of the Darjeeling?" "We actually have a separate Darjeeling Menu." I think this means I made a good choice. I am informed that the Risheehat Estate Organic Darjeeling is the most popular so I decide to give that a go. I don't know that much about darjeeling thusly I'm willing to put my trust in popular opinion at this point. I chose the cheaper second flush because I just bought expensive socks so first flush feels a bit too extravagant.

The tea is good. It has some almost jasmine like undertones. It took a while to steep so I forgot about it momentarily and let it steep a bit too much. Yet, it is still an all together pleasant darjeeling. I let myself go. I loose myself into the tea, the soothingly friendly environment of Teahouse Kuan Yin, and finally into my homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment