Saturday, May 31, 2014

Morning Glory Chai (From Zoka Coffee)

Once again I found myself on my way into a coffee shop. I anticipated ordering another standard chai, but this time was different. I scanned the menu and I was surprised to see that there were three different types of chai latte offered. Could it be that this was a place where chai is able to stand its ground? I feel like a lot of coffee shops offer chai because it is the cool coffee shop thing to do, but they have little regard for the actual tea. Yet on that day I found something different. I feel like Zoka actually presented their own take on chai, it was refreshing in more ways than one. Its flavor was more spicy than sweet and with each sip I continued to explore the rich blend of spices that made up the chai. It was an all together pleasant experience.

I drank this fabulous beverage in part to give me some semblance of energy on my way to a graveyard picnic. It was successful although I was still not awake enough or possibly I was too exited about the graveyard to remember to document it with a photo. Fortunately, I was able to solicit more representative tea art from my talented sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment