Saturday, October 26, 2013

Tea Is My Friend! (Rose Chai From Wissotzky Tea)

For the past two weeks I have be on a quest to find Rose Water. It is particularly illusive in my current living situation, but I desperately wanted it so I could make Iranian Cupcakes. I contemplated using vanilla extract instead but it just didn't seem like an acceptable alternative. I also considered making rose water, but I didn't know where to buy organic roses. (They would have had to be organic because I feel like the pesticides used on flowers that aren't meant for eating combined with cupcakes are not a good match.) Then I came to the realization that Rose Water is just water with some essence of rose and that is essentially what my Rose Chai tea is. Suffice it to say I used the Rose Chai and the cupcakes were delectable. The taste of the black tea that the chai is made with was apparent in the cupcakes, but in a pleasant manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment