Thursday, July 31, 2014

Breakaway Matcha


Some time ago I came to the realization that most of the good matcha costs more than I usually like to spend on tea. Henceforth until very recently I only had a somewhat cheap matcha that I used primarily for baking. However to celebrate the occasion of my birth this year my aunt sent me a tin of Breakaway Matcha. I feel a bit tentative recommending this tea to others because I've realized that I try to recommend teas that are more affordable. As soon as I find a cheaper matcha of similar quality I'll be sure to alert you, gentle reader*, of its existence.

In order to prepare this matcha I first mix approximately a teaspoon with cold water in a mug. Then I mix in the matcha using either my milk frother or a very small whisk. Subsequently I fill the remaining space in the mug with hot water. At this point I occasionally sweeten it but Breakaway Matcha is equally magnificent unsweetened.

*gentle reader is currently my favorite salutation.

No comments:

Post a Comment